This course was specifically designed for art teachers k-12. In this course art teachers will watch a video, explore different technology resources, and then answer questions.
Rational and Outcomes for this Professional Learning
This video lesson is specifically for art teachers interested in using technology in the classroom.
It is a challenge for art teachers to find specific professional development, and this lesson was created to bring strategies that work to the art classroom.
Outcomes After Watching the Video
- After the video lesson art teachers will be able to explain growth mindset and specifically how that thinking applies to the art classroom.
- After completing the lesson art teachers will be able to share resources with colleagues.
- After completing the lesson art teachers will have new resource collections of digital images.
Resources and Tutorials for Art and Technology
Resources and Tutorials
Defining a growth mindset http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2015/12/21/applying-a-growth-mindset-in-the-classroom/
Austin’s butterfly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqh1MRWZjms
A growth mindset explained for students https://ideas.classdojo.com/i/the-maze-trailer
Visual of a growth mindset https://twitter.com/sylviaduckworth/status/555956108700164096
Iceberg visual https://www.pinterest.com/pin/296604325437006036/
Growth Mindset book by Carol Dweeck https://www.amazon.com/Mindset-Psychology-Success-Carol-Dweck/dp/0345472322/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475089531&sr=8-1&keywords=growth+midset
Which step have you reached today? http://principalhelen.edublogs.org/2014/05/27/which-step-have-you-reached-today/
Sketchnoting for beginners guide https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1a0TgYBEEQlMv6umZJ_g3KLHGOi1Vv40PHsFhjCN3LkE/edit#slide=id.g5f70fb3e7_00
Sketchnote Army http://sketchnotearmy.com/
Pinterest to showcase work https://www.pinterest.com/studionumber9/art-projects/?etslf=15385&eq=art%20pro
Outstanding art porfolios http://www.wix.com/blog/2013/05/outstanding-art-portfolios/
ClassTools to create an art gallery http://www.classtools.net/3D/
Five Card Flickr http://5card.cogdogblog.com/
The art of storytelling http://www.artofstorytelling.org/
Sketchup links http://www.pixiclip.com/beta/
Google Cultral Institute https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/beta/u/0/
Take virtual tours of palaces https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/beta/u/0/partner/palace-of-versailles
Library of Congress resources https://www.loc.gov/
Virtual fieldtrips https://education.microsoft.com/skype-in-the-classroom/virtual-field-trips
Discussion Questions for Art and Technology
- What was your background knowledge about growth mindset? What did you learn that was new?
- Specifically, how does growth mindset apply to you?
- How do you think the book Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance will apply to you?
- How would you describe Seesaw to a colleague?
- In what ways could you use Seesaw in your classroom?
- What was your background knowledge about sketchnoting? What did you learn?
- How are you currently using social media for personal professional development?
- How could you incorporate Sketchup into a student project?
- How could you use the Google Cultural Institute?
- What resources will you share with your colleagues?