Watch the video stopping starting to explore all the resources. The links are listed below.
Rationale and Objectives for this Professional Learning
This video lesson is part of the series Strategies That Work. After watching this video lesson you will have practical strategies for the math classroom utilizing technology in the classroom.
This video is needed to help all math teachers save time while they are integrating technology.
Outcomes After Watching the Video
- After this video lesson the teacher will be able to restructure lessons and assignments to make use of technology.
- Teachers will have new tools and resources to use immediately in the classroom after watching this video.
- As a result of watching this lesson, teachers will have resources to share with colleagues.
Online Resources Featured in the Video
Resources and Tutorials
Calculator for area https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/geometry-area-calculator/id492594326?mt=8
Quadratic Root Calculator https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quadratic-roots-calculator/id495423577?mt=8&ls=1
Math Snacks http://mathsnacks.com/
Common Sense Media games https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/reflex-math-and-9-more-free-math-games-for-kids?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=0071szlop69thgg&utm_campaign=Reflex+News
Nine Math Blogs
The Us Census information http://alittlestats.blogspot.com/2016/09/us-census-bureau-statistics-in-schools.html
At home math practice elementary http://snip.ly/zfh0i#http://bedtimemath.org/using-household-objects-for-easy-hands-on-math-fun/
A Ted Talk by Conrad Wolfram http://www.ted.com/talks/conrad_wolfram_teaching_kids_real_math_with_computers?platform=hootsuite
Math manipulatives and ed tech http://blog.mindresearch.org/blog/math-manipulatives-and-edtech-for-deeper-learning
Fourth Grade Teacher sharing resources http://www.theteacherstudio.com/
Stanford Project https://www.youcubed.org/
The Math Spot http://www.k5mathspot.com/p/start-here.html
Amazon and growth mindset https://www.amazon.com/gp/withmathican
Math with Matthew math videos http://www.mathwithmatthew.com/music-videos/
The teaching channel https://www.teachingchannel.org
Math Mashups http://mashupmath.com/#intro
Ten Marks an Amazon company https://www.tenmarks.com/
The Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/
Algebra 2 Twitter chat information and contacts https://ispeakmath.org/tag/alg2chat/
Photomath to solve problems https://www.wolframalpha.com/
Wolfram Alpha to compute almost anything https://www.wolframalpha.com/
Review or Dissemination Question
- How are you currently using technology in the classroom?
- What apps, websites, or technology do you have access to?
- Currently is your math series online, if so how are you using that resource?
- What are your thoughts about how many different calculators are available online?
- After watching this lesson, how will you restructure your lessons using technology?
- A lot of teachers do not know about the PhotoMath app, what are your thoughts about the free app and how will it change your instruction?
- Specifically what is one of the resources you will explore in more depth?
- What is your plan to disseminate this information to your colleagues?
- Out of all the resources shared, which ones do you think your students will be interested in?
- Where will you start for tomorrow’s math class?