Watch the video and pause to explore. All the resources are listed below.
Rationale and Objectives for this Professional Learning
This is a video presentation specifically designed for teachers working with ELL learners and technology.
Finding specific professional development for teachers that work with ELL is a challenge, this professional development presentation helps to fill that gap.
Outcomes After Watching the Video
- After the presentation teachers will be able to share technology resources with students.
- After the video lesson teachers will have dozens of resources to explore in more depth.
- After the video lesson teachers will be connected to other ELL teachers and resources through social media.
Online Resources Highlighted in the Video
Participate in a Twitter chat https://joel38jackson.wordpress.com/2016/07/28/why-pre-k-12-educators-of-els-should-participate-in-ellchat/
Join the ELL Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ELLCHAT-105656129477631/
Larry Ferlazzo THE ELL and technology expert http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/about/my-best-of-series/
Larry’s best websites of the day http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/about/my-best-of-series/
Larry’s best videos for ELL learners http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/about/my-best-of-series/
Mind Mapping resources http://www.informationtamers.com/WikIT/index.php?title=Free_Mind_map_tools
Mind mapping top picks http://www.informationtamers.com/WikIT/index.php?title=Free_Mind_map_tools
Google Story Builder http://docsstorybuilder.appspot.com/builder
Peanut gallery films https://www.peanutgalleryfilms.com/
Create greeting cards http://iwishyouto.com/
iFake Suri http://iwishyouto.com/
Create an explanation video http://www.tildee.com/create.php
Fake Facebook page http://www.classtools.net/FB/home-page
Create movie text http://www.classtools.net/movietext/
Create a venn diagram http://www.classtools.net/education-games-php/venn_intro
Create a classroom Twister http://www.classtools.net/twister/
Create a five card Flickr http://5card.cogdogblog.com/
The art of storytelling http://www.artofstorytelling.org/
Create a PixiClip http://www.pixiclip.com/beta/
Jeopardy Labs https://jeopardylabs.com/
Create a movie http://www.dvolver.com/moviemaker/make.html
Example movies http://larryferlazzo.com/Student%20Work.html#mov
Create a comic http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/
Create a comic http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/kidsspace/story.html
Create a Scribble Map http://www.scribblemaps.com/
Map your list http://www.mapyourlist.com/
Read about the use of Google Translate http://blog.williamferriter.com/
Help for translating a document https://support.google.com/docs/answer/187189?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en
Review or Dissemination Question
- In a few sentences explain what a Twitter chat is and how you could use this format for personal professional development.
- Who is one of the leaders in ELL and technology?
- What is Google Story Builder and how could you use this with students?
- How are you currently using Google Docs, Slides, Forms and Sheets with your students?
- Pick on of the iFake websites and explain how you could use this with students.
- The Class Tools website has many different resources, what is one tool you would like to use with students.
- Explain what Padlet is and how you could use it with students.
- What are your thoughts about using Google Translate in the way The Tempered Radical blog explained?
- What are three resources you will share with your team?
- How will you use social media to continue your professional development?